See the Process
Creating Flawless Repairs
While your car is being repaired at Duncan Auto Body, it will go through several different stages before completion. We want you to be completely at ease while we work.
The steps outlined below should help you to better understand the process. You can always talk to your customer service representative here at Duncan Auto Body and we will answer any questions you may have.
1. Estimate preparation / Scheduling repairs - Estimate preparation / Scheduling repairs During the Estimate Process, the vehicle is inspected and data is entered into our system. An estimate for a drivable vehicle usually takes 15-20 minutes. At that time, scheduling will be done. This data is compiled into an estimate that determines the cost of repairs. However, there is often hidden damage that cannot be seen until after the vehicle is disassembled.
2. Insurance / Repair Approval - Insurance / Repair Approval Once the estimate is completed, the insurance company will review it. There may be some negotiations on price and procedures required to repair the vehicle. We will handle all of the required insurance processing for your claim.
3. Initial parts ordering - Initial parts ordering The initial parts order for your vehicle is processed and availability is checked. Although many parts may arrive very quickly, the repair process cannot begin until the shop receives all of the structural parts.
4. Disassemble / Supplement preparation - Disassemble / Supplement preparation In Disassembly, hidden damage is often found and inner structure repairs are determined. Many times this will require scheduling an insurance re-inspection and ordering additional parts.
5. Frame / Unibody repair - Frame / Unibody repair In the Structure Repair area, the unitized body is returned to the factory specifications. A sophisticated, computer-based measuring system is used to analyze the frame of your vehicle and monitor all phases of the frame repair. This assures an accurate repair.
6. Body repair - Body repair The Body Repair Department replaces exterior panels and completes all metal finishing that may be required. The vehicle begins to come back to life as sheet metal is installed and aligned. From here, the vehicle will go to the paint preparation.
7. Paint repair - Paint repair Paint Preparation is a critical step in the refinishing process of every vehicle. All panels are prepared for paint, then primed and sealed to ensure good paint adhesion when the final top color and clear coats are applied. This phase is completed in one of our 3 spray booths.
8. Reassembly - Reassembly The repair and painting of your vehicle is done in a partially disassembled state. During the reassembly phase, your vehicle is put back together and any moldings and detail pieces are put back on the vehicle. All the vehicle's systems are checked during this process.
9. Cleaning / Detailing - Cleaning / Detailing During the repair process the vehicle accumulates dust from the repairs. It will be cleaned. Any polishing that the newly painted panels may need is also done at this time. It will also be road tested to ensure that everything is working properly.
10. Final Quality check and Delivery - Final paperwork is completed, the vehicle is prepared and checked for quality. The customer is notified that the car is finished and ready to be delivered. When the customer arrives to pick-up the vehicle, the bill is explained and the payments are processed. The customer drives away in a vehicle that has been restored to its pre-accident condition.